Wednesday 3 March 2010

Kollen


After about a year of building, the new Holmenkollen Ski Jump Arena is finished. Its official opening was tonight, and Norways best known female ski jumper, Anette Sagen, was chosen to be the one to make the first official jump in the hill. Only problem is that yesterday, the media managed to get a photo of one of Norways best male ski jumpers, Bjørn Einar Romøren, doing the very first test jump in the hill. I guess I only need to add this for my foreign readers (if I have any); As a result, all hell broke loose. However, I'm not gonna air my opinions on this case.
This re-building of Holmenkollen is done in connection with the world championship in ski jump that Oslo is hosting in 2011. Todays photo is not of the new ”kollen” but one of the temorary pavillion in the city centre, where the 2011 world championship is beeing planned and organised. The building is design by the same architecture company that designed Oslo Opera House, Snøhetta

No comments:

Post a Comment