Monday 26 April 2010

Svartemarja


My favourite museum to visit when I was a child was the Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology. It was the only museum that managed to catch my attention for more than a few minutes at the time. I remember I loved running around looking at and playing with all the cool stuff they had on display. A few months back and for the first time since I was a child, I visited this museum again. Most of it was as I remembered, althought some things had changed. The section that had old bikes, cars, locomotives and airplanes on display were just the same. Today's photo is of one of the cars, one of Oslo's first police cars. In 1922 the Oslo police department bought their first three cars. They were nicknamed "Svartemarja" or "Black Mary" by the people in Oslo.
Check out www.tekniskmuseum.no

1 comment:

  1. Must have been fun to revisit the museum. Just like you I remember a visit to the Stockholm equivalent, and I haven't been back since.

    ReplyDelete