Wednesday 11 August 2010

Comme c'est curieux!


What a culturel afternoon I had yesterday! First, I went to a photography exhibition at Monnaie de Paris, the Paris Mint, with photos by Willy Ronis. The exhibition marks the centenary of his birth and show, amongst a few of his well known photos, many previously unknown works. Read more about the exhibition here. Afterwards, some of my classmates and I went to Théâtre de la Huchette in the Latin Quarter. As you can see in today's photo, it's a tiny little theatre. I don't think it holds more than maybe 60-70 people at the time. Every day, Théâtre de la Huchette show two plays by Romanian/French playwrighter and dramatist Eugène Ionesco: "La Chantatrice Chauve" (The Bald Soprano) and "La leçon" (The Lession). Yesterday we saw both plays and we all really enjoyed them. As Ionesco is one of the most famous playwrighter in the style "Theatre of the Absurd" I had many good laughs and I highly recommend going! Follow these links for Théâtre de la Huchette and Eugène Ionesco

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been at a theater for a while! Probably a big mistake ;(

    ___
    call Nigeria

    ReplyDelete